How To Fix Android File Transfer Not Working Windows 10?
Android File Transfer Not Working In Windows 10
Moving files from Android phones to a PC is something people do too often. Android File Transfer not working Windows 10 computer is a common scenario with a majority of Android phone users. Unfortunately, there is no one specific reason why you are unable to transfer files. The reason could be anything from small hardware to crucial software problems. Some of the common reasons include outdated drivers, missing device drivers, issues with the USB drive, faulty hardware, etc. In this article, we've put in our efforts to discuss some of the useful troubleshooting steps that will fix the Android file transfer not working issue on a Windows 10 computer.
Fix 1: Verify The Usb Port And Cable Connections
- Basically, the USB port and USB cable are the essential components for Android data transfer. In most of the latest systems, there is more than one USB port on your computer, so try to use another USB port. On the other hand, we recommend using a genuine USB cable to establish a connection between your Android device and the computer.
- If you've connected your Android mobile to the computer using a USB hub, unplug your mobile from the hub and instead connect it directly to your computer.
- However, if the USB cable connection is not an issue, then move on to the below troubleshooting methods to fix Android File Transfer Not Working Windows 10.
Fix 2: Select File Transfer In Usb Preferences
By default, your Android device selects the ‘No data transfer’ option, and when this option is selected, you can’t access your smartphone's internal storage via your PC or laptop.
- First, connect your mobile device to your computer via a USB cable.
- Tap on the notification --- Charging this device via USB.
- Tap on the File Transfer option from the list (File Transfer, USB tethering, MIDI, PTP, No data transfer).
- Now, the file transfer can be done using your smartphone’s internal storage.
Fix 3: Enable Developers Option
- Open and unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Settings page.
- Tap on the About Phone section.
- Tap the Build number 7 times to enable the developer mode.
- Check the USB debugging option to enable it.
- Search for USB configuration and click on it.
- Select the File Transfer option.
Fix 4: Update Android Os To Its Latest Version
If you haven’t updated your Android device for quite a long time, then several unknown errors like Android file transfer not working might occur.
- Go to the Settings page of your phone.
- Tap on System > Advanced > System update.
- Follow the onscreen steps to update the OS.
Fix 5: Run The Troubleshooter
- Click on the Windows start button on your computer.
- Choose Settings.
- Go to Update & Security and click on Troubleshoot.
- Find the Hardware and Devices option and click on it.
- Press Run the troubleshooter.
Continue reading the below methods to fix Android File Transfer Not Working Windows 10 Issue.
Fix 6: Restart The Android Device And Windows Computer
- Sometimes, a simple restart process can solve complicated issues.
- Make sure that you unplug both the devices (Smartphone and PC).
- Once rebooted, reconnect both the devices using a USB cable.
- Check if the file transfer is working properly like before.
Fix 7: Clear The External Storage Cache
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Click on the three dots in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Show screen.
- Look for External Storage and click on Storage.
- Finally, tap on Clear Cache.
- Now check if you can transfer files without any issues.
Fix 8: Make Use Of Third-party Applications
- If the above steps didn't work, then you can use a third-party application to transfer the files.
- Make sure that the software is genuine and you download it from the official website.
- We hope that the above troubleshooting methods will surely help you while Android file transfer is not working on your Windows 10 computers.
- Some of the solutions are manufacturer-specific, while others are common.
If you are still experiencing the Android File Transfer Not Working Windows 10 issue, call our technicians to get the best help possible.