FIXED: Audio Services Not Responding On Windows 10
Windows 10 Audio Services Not Responding
There could be n number of reasons for the audio services not responding on Windows 10 computers. Unfortunately, many users are facing the same issue: they fail to play audio files on their computers. But don’t worry! We are here to help you resolve the problem. In the below segments, we have clearly listed out some of the common troubleshooting methods through which you can quickly solve computer audio issues. If you find any difficulty while executing the steps, then do call our customer care executives to solve your queries.
Run The Windows Audio Troubleshooter:
- Go to the Windows Settings page.
- Scroll down and select Update & Security.
- Choose Troubleshoot from the left sidebar.
- Click Explore additional options.
- Select Playing Audio from the list.
- Now, click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Depending on your system configuration, it will take a few minutes to complete the troubleshooting process.
Continue reading the below steps to fix audio services not responding on windows 10 issue.
Make Use Of The Command Prompt Window:
- Type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt option to choose Run as administrator.
- Type net localgroup Administrator /add network service and hit the Enter key.
- Type net localgroup Administrator / add local service and hit Enter.
- Once you see the line - The command completed successfully, close the Command Prompt window.
- Restart your computer and see whether the audio services are responding correctly like before.
Modify The Registry Settings:
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Type regedit in the text box and hit Enter.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Services, and AudioEndPointBuilder one after the other.
- Select parameters and locate ServiceDII from the right pane.
- Check the information under the Data column.
- If the value data is not %SystemRoot%\System32\AudioEndPointBuilder.dll, then change the value.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Now check whether the audio services not responding on windows 10 issue is fixed or else continue the below steps to fix the issue.
Fix The Audio Drivers:
- The audio issue can also occur due to an outdated or malfunctioning driver.
- So, it is always advised to keep the audio drivers up-to-date.
- If the issue persists even after the update, then uninstall the audio drivers and reinstall the fresh audio drivers from the Web.
Check For Updates:
- Windows updates are released in order to maintain the proper functionality of your computer.
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- If you find any updates available, click the Update button to install the update on your Windows 10 computer.
- Once done, restart your PC and see if your system’s audio services are working properly.
Check The Connections:
- Check your speakers and headphone connections.
- Make sure that all the connection cords and cables are plugged in.
- If there are more than one 5mm jacks, make sure that all the cords and cables are plugged into the respective jacks.
- Apart from the connections, make sure that the Mute setting is not turned on.
- As an extra step, turn up all the volume controls.
- By following the above troubleshooting steps, you can quickly solve the audio services not responding on Windows 10 computer issue.