A firewall is a security feature available in the Avast Internet Security. It manages the incoming and outgoing traffic. It is enabled while installing the software. To turn it off and refer to the guidelines provided below.
- Launch the Avast Internet Security and select Settings.
- If the firewall is enabled under the Active Protection, use any of the options from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Stop for 10 minutes option to disable it for 10 minutes.
- The other options displayed on the drop-down menu are Stop for 1 hour and Stop until restart of the computer. This process can be carried out at a specified period.
- You can also choose the Stop permanently option to deactivate the Avast firewall. Select OK to save the changes.