Why Avast Antivirus Not Updating?
If Avast Antivirus is not Updating, then it needs to be regularly updated to function effectively. Sometimes, an unknown error may occur while updating Avast. Improper DNS settings or firewall running on your system may cause such errors.
- Carry out the steps below if you are not able to update the Avast antivirus software.
- Tap the Windows and R keys together to open the command prompt.
- Type ‘ncpa.cpl’ in the command box and click OK. This opens the Internet Connection Settings window.
- Navigate to the Network Adapter icon you are using and double-click it.
- Select the Properties option. Click the General tab.
- Set the DNS server to 220.127.116.11 and the Alternate DNS server to 18.104.22.168. You can now use the Google DNS address.
- Click OK and exit the dialog box. Check if you are able to update the Avast antivirus.
- If the issue persists, proceed with the steps below to reset Internet Explorer (even if you are not using it).
- Launch the Internet Explorer browser and click the settings (gear-shaped icon) on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Internet options. Under the Advanced tab, select the Reset Internet Explorer option. Select Reset.
- If you have no important data saved in the Internet Explorer, mark the Delete Personal settings box.
- Click the Reset button to confirm. Once the process completes, try updating Avast.
- If the issue does not resolve, you need to add an exception for the Avast updater on your firewall. Make sure the Updater is allowed by your firewall.
- If all the above steps do not help, remove and re-install the Avast software again.