Error Code 1002 Bitdefender Issues
Bitdefender error code 1002 indicates an Update failure or Update error.
The primary causes for this error are Virus attacks, obsolete versions of Bitdefender, and loss of Bitdefender files on your system.If this error code 1002 occurs continuously on your system, it may slow down the system’s performance. Carry out these steps to clear the error code 1002 on your system:
- On your Windows desktop, navigate to the Windows Settings application.
- Alternatively, press Windows + I shortcut key on your keyboard to open the Windows Settings screen.
- Select Update & Security on the Windows Settings page and choose Windows Security from the left side panel.
- Click the Virus & threat protection feature under the Protection areas column.
- Select the Run a new advanced scan option.
- Choose 'Full Scan' and click on the Scan now button.
- Now, wait until the Windows Defender Firewall scans and removes all the virus-infected files on your system automatically.
- You can also run the disk cleanup on your Windows to remove the accumulated junk files causing the Bitdefender Error Code 1002.
- Navigate to the search bar and type ‘cmd.exe’ to open the Command Prompt window.
- Give a right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Click on the Yes button in the User Account Control(UAC) window if it prompts.
- Type ‘cleanmgr’ in the Command Prompt window and press the Enter key.
- Select the drives you wish to clean from the dialogue box and click OK.
- Now, Rerun the Command Prompt as administrator on Windows.
- Type the ‘sfs/scannow’ command and press the Enter key.
- It starts scanning your system entirely and gives the status of it.
- You are also suggested to update the Windows OS and reinstall the Bitdefender application.
- If you still have a problem with resolving the Bitdefender Error Code 1002, contact our technical team by clicking the Call button available on this screen.