Ccleaner Error Launching Installer
When you try to install CCleaner without logging in as an administrator, the installer will display this error message:
"Error Opening File For Writing"
- You will find the above message in the CCleaner Setup dialog box.
- If you try to run Windows 7 although you are not an administrator, this error message will display on your screen:
"Do You Want To Allow The Following Program To Make Changes To This Computer?"
- Try the troubleshooting steps provided here to resolve the issue:
First Troubleshooting Method (Pre-Windows 7):
Ccleaner Error Launching Installer - Third Troubleshooting Method:
- Make use of CCleaner Portable, which is a widely known and safe drive cleaner.
- CCleaner Portable includes unique features such as the startup manager and conservative registry cleaner.
- You would have installed CCleaner Portable on a USB drive of another computer. So utilize it now.
- If you are not using an administrator account, CCleaner Portable will have only limited performance. It might not clean specific files and folders.