CCleaner Windows Update
If CCleaner does not work, you can try this CCleaner Not Working solution which involves using the registry editor.
- Do note that making incorrect changes to the registry editor settings can render the computer unusable.
- Open the Windows Start menu.(Click the Windows icon at the bottom-left section of the task bar.)
- Type ‘regedit’ in the text field and right-click the ‘Registry Editor App’ search result.
- Choose ‘Run as administrator.’ Click Yes.
- The Registry Editor dashboard appears.
- Click File Export .
- Click the ‘All’ radio button.
- Enter the date as the name of the file and save the registry editor setting to a specific folder.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWS NTCurrentVersionImage File Execution OptionsRight-click CCleanerDeleteYes.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer. The CCleaner Not Working issue should now be resolved. If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling CCleaner.