How To Disable Automatic Updates On Windows 10?
Stop Automatic Updates In Windows 10
In this web page, we’ll guide you to disable automatic updates on Windows 10 in simple steps. The Windows 10 automatic update helps to update your system to the latest version of the Operating System. It clears bugs and other errors that were prevalent in the previous updates. If you disable Windows 10 automatic updates, your computer might face serious risks. Viruses and malware can easily attack your computer. It might corrupt your files in a period of time.
Disable Automatic Updates In Windows 10
- If you permanently disable Windows automatic update, your computer will be outdated, and the bugs on the older update will corrupt your computer. So, try to pause the automatic update.
- On the Windows computer, click the Start icon and then click the Settings icon.
- Under the Settings window, click Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced.
- In the Advanced options window, under the Pause updates option, click the drop-down box and then select the date to postpone the auto-update.
- The computer will stop the automatic update for the selected number of days; after that, the computer will automatically update your computer to the latest batch available.
Continue reading the given below methods to disable automatic updates on windows 10.
Step To Stop Automatic Update Using Registry:
You can stop automatic updates on windows 10 with the help of Registry; perform these steps cautiously.
- Click the Start icon and then type ‘gpedit.msc’ in the search box.
- Select the option to launch the Local Group Policy Editor from the best search.
- Click Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
- Expand the Windows Update folder; now locate and double-click Configure Automatic Updates.
- A new dialog box appears on the right side of the screen. Select the Disabled radio button. Next click Apply > OK.
- Once you complete these steps, the Windows automatic update will be stopped, but you can manually update to the latest version.
Before performing this method to disable automatic updates on windows 10, we recommend taking a full system backup. It is too risky if you do it in the wrong way. It may corrupt your Operating System.
- Click the Start icon and then type ‘regedit’ in the text box.
- Select the Registry Editor app in the best match.
- On the Registry Editor screen, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder and then locate and select SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows.
- Right-click on the Windows folder and then select New > Key.
- Now, name the new key as WindowsUpdate and then press Enter.
- Again, right-click the newly created key.
- Select New and then click Key from the submenu. Name the new key as AU and then press Enter.
- Right-click the AU key, then select New followed by DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Now, name the new key as NoAutoUpdate and then press Enter.
- Double-click the new key, change the value from 0 to 1, and then click OK.
- Finally, restart your computer and check if the auto-update is still running or not.
Now you have seen how to disable automatic updates on windows 10. CALL our tech experts to get more assistance on resolving windows issues.