Discord setup may fail without any tangible reason. In most cases, discord setup fails when updating Windows or installing a new program on the computer. On this page, we have listed the causes and solutions to fix the discord setup failed windows 10 issue. Read this page and resolve your problem with the provided techniques.
Possible Causes Of The Failed Discord Setup
Solutions To Fix Failed Discord Setup
Close The Programs
- On your computer, you need to press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys to open the Task Manager.
- Under the Background Processes section, locate the entry that is related to Discord.
- Now, end that specific task by clicking the End Task button.
- In case you find more than one entry, select them one by one and end the task.
Uninstall The Existing App
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows 10 computer.
- Set the View by option to Small icons.
- Click the Programs and Features option.
- From the list of programs, click on Discord and choose Uninstall.
- Now, restart your Windows computer and check whether your issue is resolved.
- Whenever you install a program that is already installed on your computer, make sure to uninstall the existing one in the Control Panel section.
- Continue reading to fix Discord Setup Failed Windows 10 issue.
Remove The Remnants File
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run command dialog box.
- In the text field, type %appdata% and press Enter.
- Now, go to the Roaming folders and delete the Discard folder.
- Restart your computer and reinstall Discord.
Run As Administrator
- Click the Windows logo and type Discord.exe in the search area.
- Right-click on the Discord file and choose the Run as administrator option.
- In case the User Account Control dialog box appears, choose Yes.
- Now, check whether you can set up Discord successfully.
- Whatever software you install on your computer, Admin Privileges are required, and so, always run the setup file as administrator.
Uninstall the Windows update
- As previously mentioned, updating your Windows can interrupt the Discord setup process. It is because Discord may get corrupted by the recent Windows 10 update. So, uninstalling the update can help you fix the issue. Follow the instructions below to uninstall the Windows update.
- Open the Settings section by pressing the Windows and I keys simultaneously.
- Click on the Update & Security option.
- Go to the Windows Update section and just click on View update history.
- Click the first option and choose Uninstall updates.
If still the Discord setup failed Windows 10 computer problem persist, get back to us for remote assistance.