ESET antivirus is well-known for its effectiveness in protecting your computer from potential virus threats. If you are getting the ESET error code ECP 4097, there might be issues with your computer date & time settings, or host files might be missing on your computer. For detailed instructions to troubleshoot this error code, go through the steps below.
Solution 1: Change The System Date & Time
- On your Windows computer, right-click the time at the bottom-right corner of the desktop and select the Adjust date/time option.
- Alternatively, open the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I shortcut keys.
- Click the Time and language tab and select the Date & time option from the left-side panel.
- Ensure that both Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically sliders are turned off.
- Click the Change button below Change date and time.
- Enter the correct date & time in the pop-up window and click the Change button.
- Now, the system time will be updated.
- Rerun the ESET antivirus and check if the eset error code ECP 4097 reappears.