How To Fix Microsoft Edge disappeared from Windows 10?
Fix Microsoft Edge Disappeared After Windows 10 Update
Microsoft Edge is the default browser for Windows 10, replacing Internet Explorer. The Edge browser performs faster with regular updates, providing new features in every update to compete with the Chrome browser from Google. But many have faced an issue where Microsoft Edge disappeared from Windows 10 after updating the latest version. It is one of the standard errors and occurs due to corrupted or missing system files and can be sorted out by performing simple steps.
Steps To Fix Microsoft Edge Missing From Windows 10
Run the SFC utility
- Running the SFC utility will help scan the corrupted files, restore the missing files, and therefore make Microsoft Edge reappear.
- Click the Start menu and type cmd on the search bar.
- Right-click on the cmd icon and select the Run as administrator option.
- Your desktop will pop up with the Command prompt window.
- Type sfc /scannow and press the Enter button to begin the scan.
- It will perform scanning once the command is executed. Wait until the scanning process gets completed. This process will scan for corrupted files and automatically restore the missing files.
- After the scanning process, restart your PC and make sure the Microsoft Edge has appeared on your Windows 10.
Continue reading the below steps to know more on how to fix microsoft edge disappeared from windows 10.
Run DISM Command
- If the above method of performing SFC scanning results in identifying the corrupted file but unable to fix some of them, then try running the DISM command, which allows SFC to repair the corrupted files and restore them all.
- Click the Start menu and type cmd.
- Right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as administrator.
- Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in the command prompt window and press Enter.
- Wait until the scanning process completes and again type sfc /scannow and press Enter to run the SFC utility.
- Wait until all the process gets complete and restart your PC after the scanning process.
- Now make sure the Microsoft Edge reappears on your Windows 10 device.
Run The Troubloeshoter
Run the troubleshooter to fix microsoft edge disappeared from windows 10 issue.
- Click the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
- Select the Update and security option in the Settings window.
- Select Troubleshoot on the left pane of the Update and security window.
- Search and locate the Windows Store app from the list and click Run the Troubleshooter. Wait until the process gets completed.
- Now restart your PC and make sure Microsoft Edge has reappeared on your screen.
Uninstall And Reinstall Microsoft Edge
- Try uninstalling Microsoft Edge and then reinstall it. This may bring back the application on your desktop screen even if the above mentioned methods have failed to do so.
- Go to the Settings on your PC.
- Select Apps on the Settings page.
- Search for Microsoft Edge from the list and select the Uninstall option.
- Click Yes to confirm the uninstallation and restart your PC.
- Now go to the official web page of Microsoft Edge and download the latest updated software and install the app.
- Make sure Microsoft Edge has reappeared on your desktop.
Now you have seen how to fix microsoft edge disappeared from windows 10. To get more assistance on resolving windows issues, CALL us and get fine solutions.