How To Fix Windows 10 Directx Errors?
Fix Directx Errors In Windows 10
Microsoft DirectX is an internal part of the Windows operating system. It can be called as a collection of interfaces required to handle any task associated with multimedia. If the display driver is corrupted, then the DirectX error screen appears on your Windows computer. In some cases, when you update your Windows computer to the latest version, this error will occur. There are many ways to fix this issue; let's see how to fix Windows 10 DirectX errors. On this page, we have given the latest steps to solve this error.
Method 1: Reinstall The Graphics Card Drivers:
- On the Windows computer, click the Start button and then type “device manager” in the search box.
- Select the Device Manager app from the best match list.
- On the Device Manager screen, expand the Display drivers option.
- Right-click on the display driver and then click Uninstall.
- If prompted, select the Delete this driver software from this computer checkbox and then click OK.
- Next, go to the official graphics card manufacturer website and then download the latest display driver for the computer.
- Once the driver download is complete, double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- You can update the driver in the Device Manager window by clicking the Start icon and opening the Device Manager app as mentioned on this topic.
- Right-click the display driver and then click Update.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the router/access point with high internet speed.
- Choose any options on the next screen and then update your driver.
Continue reading the below methods to fix windows 10 directX errors.
Method 2: Steps To Reinstall The Previous Updates:
- On the Windows 10 computer, click the Start icon and then click Settings.
- On the Settings app, click Update & Security.
- In the Update & Security window, navigate to Windows Update. Now, locate and then click the Advanced option.
- Now, click View your update history, and then click Uninstall updates.
- The above option will uninstall only the DirectX-related files and automatically reboots your system.
- After the system reboots, the DirectX error screen will not appear on the computer.
Method 3: Steps To Install The .Net Framework:
- Click the Start icon on the Windows computer.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the search box and then press the Enter key to open the Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type the following command on the Command Prompt window, and then press Enter. “DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:D:sourcessxs”
- Wait until the process is complete; once the process is complete, restart the computer
If still the errors persist. Read the below methods to fix windows 10 directX errors.
Method 4: Run The DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
- The DirectX diagnostic tool fixes the issues related to the display driver.
- On the Windows computer, press the ‘Windows + R’ keys simultaneously.
- Now, type ‘dxdiag’ in the text field, and then click OK.
- There are four tabs, System, Display, Sound, and Input tabs.
- The DirectX Diagnostic tool will detect and show the error. It will automatically clear all the errors that might have occurred in these tabs.
Method 5: Scan Your Computer:
- In some cases, a virus might attack the DLL files on the Windows computer.
- Run the antivirus software and scan the entire system.
- If the virus is detected on the DLL folder, get rid of it and then restart the computer.
- Now, the DirectX error will not appear on your Windows 10 computer.
Follow the methods given in this article to fix Windows 10 DirectX errors. For any windows related queries, click the CALL button provided on this page to get remote assistance.