How Do I Fix Windows 10 Slow Boot?
Fix Windows 10 Slow Startup
After a long period of usage, if you feel that your computer boots slower than before, it may be because the computer is installing a lot of software. Such software usually start automatically when you turn on your Windows 10 PC. In most cases, you won’t need to reinstall the whole Windows OS as one of the troubleshooting steps. Instead, you can follow the below-given tips to fix Windows 10 slow boot issue.
Turn Off Applications That Start Automatically:
- When you install a lot of software on your PC, there will be some software that starts automatically without any prior notice.
- Some of the services include: OneDrive, Google Drive, Skype, antivirus packages, etc.
- This indeed makes the booting time much longer than usual.
- So, you need to turn off the services that are no longer useful during the Windows startup process.
- You will have to right-click on an empty section in the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- You can also press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager dialog box.
- If this is the first time, you will need to click the More Details option at the bottom of the Windows screen.
- Now, you will be able to see a list of applications or programs that are running on your Windows 10 computer.
- Right-click on the application and select Disable.
- If you have disabled something and a critical function stops working, then you can simply enable the application by going to the Task Manager.
Continue redaing the given below steps to know more on how to fix windows 10 slow boot issue.
Kill Malware From Your Computer:
- Virus attacks can also be one of the main reasons for the slow boot-up process.
- When you surf over the Web or connect to peripheral devices, virus infections are unavoidable.
- So, install antivirus software on your Windows 10 computer.
- Or else, use the built-in Windows Defender antivirus.
- Use the antivirus software to run a complete system scan.
- When the scan is complete, you will know whether your system is compromised with malware attacks or not.
Upgrade To A Better Ssd:
- However, as a troubleshooting step to fix windows 10 slow startup, you can upgrade the system from HDD (Hybrid Hard Drive) to SSD (Solid State Drive).
- Though the price of SSDs is much higher than HDDs, the performance it brings is undisputed.
- With the HDD version, it takes a few minutes to boot the computer; with the SSD, you only need about 10 seconds to start the computer to the desktop screen.
- Suppose you have tried all the above-given methods, and still the issue persists, then you can try to fix windows 10 slow boot problem by resetting the Windows 10 operating system.
- Before resetting the OS, make sure that you back up all the necessary data (photos, music, documents, videos, files, etc.)
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the settings page.
- Select Update & Security and then choose Recovery from the list.
- At the top of the page, you will see the Reset this PC option.
- Click Get Started and select the Keep my files and Remove everything option.
- Your PC will start reinstalling the Windows OS, and hopefully, the slow booting problem gets rectified.
To get more assistance on how to fix windows 10 slow boot problem, CALL our experts and get instant solution.