How To Fix Copy And Paste Not Working In Windows 10?
Copy And Paste Not Working On Windows 10
We know how much it irritates when certain functions on your device do not perform properly. Windows 10 users face the issue of “copy and paste not working” pretty often. But the thing is, many don’t know how to get rid of this issue. Let us see some troubleshooting methods to fix the copy and paste not working in Windows 10 device.
Fixing The Problem In Windows 10
Fix using Command Prompt
One of the main methods to fix the issue is clearing the Windows Clipboard cache. Use the Command Prompt window to remove the Windows Clipboard cache.
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- The Run dialog box appears on the desktop.
- Type cmd in the dialog box and press Enter.
- The Command Prompt window appears on your desktop.
- Type in echo off | clip and press Enter.
- Now, close the cmd window.
- Once the device resumes, try the copy and paste function on your device.
- Make sure that the copy and paste operation works on your Windows 10 device.
- If the copy and paste not working in windows 10 problem persists, move on to the following method.
Troubleshoot Your Keyboard
There may be problems revolving around your keyboard too. So, perform troubleshooting on your keyboard as one of the easiest ways to perform copy and paste is using the Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V keys. So, let us perform troubleshooting on your keyboard.
- Click Start and select the Settings option.
- Select the Update & Security section and choose Troubleshoot.
- Click on the Keyboard option.
- Select Run the troubleshooter under the Keyboard option.
- Wait until the troubleshooting process gets completed.
- Restart your device.
- Once the Windows 10 computer resumes, perform copy and paste.
- Make sure that the problem copy and paste not working in windows 10 gets fixed.
Restart Windows Explorer
The problem of copy and paste not working may occur even if the Windows Explorer is malfunctioning. Restarting Windows Explorer might solve the issue.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to open the Windows Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Search for the Windows Explorer option from the list.
- Right-click on the Windows Explorer option.
- Choose the Restart option.
- Wait until Windows restarts the Explorer.
- Once restarted, perform the copy and paste function.
- Make sure that this method fixes the copy and paste not working in windows 10 problem.
Restart the Windows Remote Desktop Clipboard
- Open My Computer on your Windows 10 device.
- Double-click on the C drive to open it.
- Select the Windows folder.
- Search and locate System 32 from the list.
- On the following System 32 screen, navigate the cursor to the upper-right corner of the page to locate the Search icon.
- Type in rdpclip and press Enter.
- Wait until the searching process gets completed.
- Right-click on rdpclip in the search result.
- After selecting Run as administrator, restart your device.
- Wait until the device resumes.
- Now, perform the copy and paste operation.
- Make sure that copy and paste works on your Windows 10 device.
To get more assistance on fixing copy and paste not working in windows 10 problem, CALL our tech experts and get instant solutions.