How To Fix Corrupted Files Windows 10?
How To Repair Corrupted Files Windows 10?
A corrupted file is a dangerous one as it has the potential even to halt a computer. So, if your computer has any corrupted files, repair them in the first place. You can quickly fix this issue by making use of the built-in tools of the Windows 10 computer. Follow the simple troubleshooting techniques to know how to fix corrupted files windows 10 in no time.
Why Do They Occur?
Before moving ahead to resolve the issue, you may be curious to know the exact cause of the corrupted files problem. When you come to know the reasons, you can prevent them in the future. Here are the causes behind the occurrence of a corrupted file.
- Update errors: Update errors are common and they can create multiple issues, including BSOD errors. It is also a significant reason behind the occurrence of the corrupted files.
- Viruses and malware: On your computer, do a thorough scan periodically so that you can eliminate the existence of viruses and malware to some extent. When you fix the virus infection on your computer, you can prevent the occurrence of the corrupted files.
- System crash: A system crash may happen due to hardware or software issues, and it can also corrupt the system files.
- Start fixing the corrupted files: As you have read the possible causes of the existence of corrupted files, go ahead to fix the issue with the in-built tools of Windows 10.
Continue reading the given below methods to know how to fix corrupted files windows 10.
Using The SFC Tool
- The SFC tool can diagnose the corrupted files. As the first step of using the SFC tool, run the system file checker. To do so, type cmd in the search box and click on the Run as administrator option.
- When the Command Prompt window appears, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Now, the SFC tool will start the repair process. Wait until it repairs the files. Once the process is completed, if the files are not corrupted, it will show you the message titled Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- As the next step of using the SFC tool, check the SFC log. In the search bar, type cmd and click on the Run as administrator option so that you can open Command Prompt with full rights.
- In the Command Prompt window, type findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt and press Enter. When you do this, the sfclogs.txt file will be created on your desktop. Open it from the desktop and check the results of the SFC scan.
- The results can show you the information of the SFC scan.
Now check whether the issue is fixed. If not read the below steps to know how to fix corrupted files windows 10.
Using The DISM Tool
- On your system, press the Windows and X keys simultaneously. Then, click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)/Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the Command Prompt window, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter.
- It will take around 10 minutes for the repair process to get completed. Make sure not to interrupt it.
- Once the DISM tool repairs your files, restart your computer.
If still the issue persist, read the given below method to know how to repair corrupted files windows 10.
- On your computer, press the Windows and S keys simultaneously, and type “create a restore point.”
- Click the Create a restore point option.
- When the System Properties window appears, click on the System Restore button.
- It will recommend you the latest restore point. Still, you can choose your preferred restore point by selecting the radio button next to Choose a different restore point. Then, click on the Next button.
- In the System Restore window, check the box next to Show more restore points, choose your desired restore point, and click on the Next button.
- Perform the restoration by following the on-screen prompts.
- Once your computer is restored, the corrupted files can be restored to the previous healthy version.
Now you have seen how to fix corrupted files windows 10 issue. If you cannot resolve the issue yet, you can reach out to us.