How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x800f0990?
Fix Update Error 0x800f0990 In Windows
While updating your Windows 10 computer to the latest version, you can face the 0x800f0990 error. It occurs when the update is stopped immediately, or the downloaded file is corrupted. On this page, you can see how to fix Windows Update Error 0x800f0990 in a simple method.
Steps To Use Windows 10 Update Assistant:
- First, you have to download the Windows 10 Update Assistant on your computer.
- Open the default browser and then go to the Microsoft official download center website.
- Locate and download the Windows 10 Update Assistant.
- Once the download is complete, run the downloaded file.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- On the next screen, make sure you see three green ticks in the CPU, Memory, and Disk space. Now, click Next.
- Now, the Getting your update ready screen appears. So, wait for few minutes.
- Once the update is complete, click Restart Now.
- On the next screen, click Close.
- Now, your computer will restart and run the updating work. This process will take some time, so don’t turn off the computer.
- When the computer restarts, check if the error message appears again or not.
- If still the error persist, read the below steps to know how to fix windows update error 0x800f0990.
Steps To Run The Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Make sure your Windows computer is turned ON.
- Right-click on the Windows icon and then choose Settings.
- In the Settings window, click Update & Security and then click Troubleshoot.
- In the Troubleshoot window, select Additional troubleshooter.
- In the Additional troubleshooter window, select Windows Update and then select Run the troubleshooter.
- Windows will detect and fix the problem.
Run The System File Checker Scan:
- Press the Windows key + R key simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type cmd in the Run dialog box and then click OK.
- In the command prompt window, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to start the scanning process.
- When the scanning process is complete, restart your computer.
- If the same error message occurs, follow the below method to know how to fix windows update error 0x800f0990.
Steps To Run The DISM Scan:
- First, press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Type cmd in the dialog box and press Enter.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to open the elevated Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type dism /online /clean-image /scanhealth and then hit Enter.
- This scan process clears the corrupted files from the computer.
- Once the scan is complete, type dism /online /clean-image /restorehealth and press the Enter key.
- Wait for few minutes to complete the restoration process.
- Once the process is complete, close the Command Prompt window.
- Now, you have fixed the Windows Update Error 0x800f0990 on your computer.
Now you have seen how to fix windows update error 0x800f0990. To get more assistance on resolving windows issues, CALL our tech experts and get fine solutions.