How To Flush Dns On Windows 10? - Simple Method
How To Flush Dns Cache On Windows 10?
Are you thinking about how to flush DNS on Windows 10 device? Then you are on the right page. DNS or Domain Name System helps translate domain names into IP Addresses, which allows the computer to understand it. Flushing DNS is one of the significant processes to be done to clear the cache from the server, as it may contain outdated information. The server needs to be flushed to update the cache. This flushing process is one of the privacy and security measures, as it contains the details of the web page you visit. Let us see how to flush DNS on Windows 10 using simple steps.
Steps To Flush Dns On Windows 10
- Make sure that the Windows 10 device is turned on.
- Press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Type cmd in the Open field of the Run dialog box and press Enter to open the Command Prompt window.
- You can also open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start menu and typing cmd in the search bar.
- Now, click on the Command Prompt option from the displayed results to open the Command Prompt window.
- Type the ipconfig /flushdns command in the Command Prompt window and press the Enter key.
- Wait until the Windows 10 device performs the flushing process.
- The DNS Resolver Cache Successfully Flushed message will appear in the Command Prompt window.
- Close the window and restart the device after performing the flushing process.
- Thus, you have used the command that flushes the DNS on your Windows 10 device.
Now you have seen how to flush DNS on windows 10 device.
When Should You Flush Dns On Windows 10?
- When you are in one of the following situations, you can flush the DNS on your Windows 10 device.
- When you are facing the Error 404 on your Windows 10 device.
- When you are not able to access a website on the device.
- When you want to keep your browser behavior private.
- Thus, you have seen how to flush DNS on Windows 10 device. If you still have doubts or questions, click the CALL button on this page to reach us.