How To Scan On Canon Mx492
There are two different methods to scan on the Canon MX492 printer.
- Scanning from the computer
- Scanning from the control panel of the Canon MX492 printer
Method 1: Scanning From The Computer
If you wish to scan from the computer, you can do it with the Canon IJ Scan Utility (Windows XP, 7, 8.1, and 8).
Steps to download the scanning software (Canon IJ Scan Utility)
- You can easily download the IJ Scan Utility from the official Canon support page.
- Open the support page for the Canon MX492 printer.
- Click on the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Select the OS from the Operating System drop-down list.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Utilities tab.
- Click the Select button for the Canon IJ Scan Utility.
- Click the Download button.
Steps to scan using Canon IJ Scan Utility
Let us now see the steps to scan using the Canon IJ Scan Utility in Windows 8.1 and 8.
- Search for the IJ Scan Utility on your computer and open the application.
- When the window opens, make sure your Canon PIXMA MX492 printer is selected in the Product Name drop-down list.
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Open the Auto Document Feeder on the computer and place the original document you want to scan (printed side facing up).
- Click the Settings button and make necessary changes (paper size, resolution, etc.) based on your scanning requirement.
- Click OK on the Settings screen to go back to the previous screen.
- Click the Auto button and the scanning will begin.
Method 2: Scanning From The Control Panel
Before proceeding with the steps,
- You need to make sure the Canon MX492 printer is set up properly.
- Make sure the printer is properly connected to the computer.
- Make sure the printing and scanning software is installed on your computer.
- Place the original document in the ADF.
- The Scan menu will be displayed on the screen.
- Use the navigation buttons on the printer and select the Save to option, then press the OK button.
- Use the navigation buttons and select the computer to send the scanned data.
- If connected through USB, select the Local (USB) option.
- Select the Document type and press the OK button.
- Press the Color button or the Monochrome button to proceed with the scan.
By following one of the methods given above, you can easily scan on Canon MX492.