How To Turn Off Avast Antivirus?
How To Disable Avast Antivirus?
In this section we will explain about how to turn off avast antivirus. Most of the antivirus software available in the market are capable enough to protect your network devices. But some of them are quite popular among others. Avast Antivirus is one of them, but there are certain times when antivirus applications block certain sites from loading and could even block trustworthy apps from installing on your device. Yet, deleting the whole antivirus application just for this purpose can cause additional risk for your network device. So, we will provide you the steps for how to disable avast antivirus program temporarily.
Steps To Disable Avast Shields:
Avast antivirus program lets you disable certain security features. But it doesn't have an option that allows you to close or exit the software entirely.
- Locate the Avast antivirus icon from the Windows taskbar.
- Double click on it to open the user interface of the Avast antivirus program.
- Go to the Protection tab, where you will find the Core Shields option.
- Select the Core Shields option. You will find four types of shields and their toggle buttons. These buttons are used for disabling or enabling the shields.
- You will see a secondary warning window asking if you want to continue with disabling the Avast with that shield.
- Now you can toggle the on-off switch to disable one of the shields.
- Once confirmed, you will see the shield status is OFF.
- Now you can proceed with the pending tasks.
- Once done, return to the Avast Shields screen and click on the OFF button to turn ON the Avast Shield.
Continue reading the given below methods to know more on how to turn off avast antivirus.
Steps To Close The Avast Program:
Avast has a built-in self-protection feature that prevents you from disabling the Avast virus protection. This feature prevents malware from affecting your computer. However, you can disable this feature from the Avast Antivirus window.
- On the Windows taskbar, left-click the orange Avast icon to open the Avast home page.
- Click on Menu and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select General from the left pane, and click the Troubleshooting option from the submenu.
- Deselect the Enable Self-Defence checkbox. This will indeed turn off all the Avast self-defense features.
- On the confirmation page, click OK to confirm.
- Next, right-click the Windows taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab, then scroll down and locate the Avast Antivirus program.
- Right-click on it and select End task.
- Repeat the same steps for other processes that start with the word “Avast.”
- Now you will notice that there is no orange Avast icon on the Taskbar, which means that Avast is no longer running on your PC.
Last Option (uninstall - Avast Program):
- If disabling the Avast antivirus software has not solved the issue, in that case, you can altogether uninstall avast antivirus.
- Only perform this step when you have another antivirus program installed on your computer.
- The computer always needs antivirus software to protect the stored data from viruses and malware.
To get more assistance on how to turn off avast antivirus, Call us by clicking the call button and get instant solution.