How to Uninstall Windows Defender
You cannot uninstall the Windows Defender from your Windows system, it can only be disabled. To know how to disable or turn off the Windows Defender application on your Windows 7 system, read the guided instructions given below and proceed with the same.
- Switch on your Windows 7 system and sign in to it as an administrator.
- Click the Start icon available on the taskbar.
- Type the Windows Defender keyword in the given search field.
- From the list of suggestions, select the exact one.
- Now the Windows Defender wizard will open.
- Locate and click the Tools tab available at the top of the Windows Defender window.
- Select Options followed by the Administrator tab.
- Uncheck the box beside the Use this program option.
- Click the Save button available at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, a pop-up dialog box will appear on the screen with the This program is turned OFF message. Click the Close button in it.
- You can also disable the Windows Defender application from your Windows 7 system’s Services section.
- Navigate to the Services window.
- Search and locate the Windows Defender application from the list of services.
- Double-click on the Windows Defender application.
- Select the Disabled option from the Startup type drop-down menu and click the OK button.