The Intego antivirus software is safe and secure to be used on Mac devices because it is well-tested and works fine with Mac. In contrast, the software that is designed for Windows is relatively new and untested. It also includes antivirus and other protection programs that are unique while competing with other Windows antivirus software. Intego says that it focuses on Mac OS than Windows OS, which makes it better at targeting Mac OS malware, phishing attempts, and other issues, unlike other well-known brands that protect both Windows and Mac computers. Intego’s antivirus software can be set to check for updates automatically. So, let's see about Intego antivirus for Mac in detail.
Intego’s Security Features And Functionalities:
- VirusBarrier is a malware scanner that protects your Mac Computer from viruses. It has virus protection tools such as an antivirus scanner, a real-time protection engine, scan scheduling, and malware removal. It also has an option to scan emails for viruses along with a secure browsing feature.
- Netbarriers automatically detect your network by analyzing your home network, work network, and public Wi-Fi hotspots and changes your firewall security settings based on what network connection is found. It alerts the users when applications running in the background try to make internet connections. This feature gives the option to allow or block the connections.
- ContentBarrier is Intego's parental control software that includes features like keystroke tracking, anti-predator alerts, screenshot recording, and application blocking.
- Intego also provides a personal backup feature, which is designed to back up important files and folders like Apple’s Time Machine.
- You can also schedule multiple backups for different purposes.
- Overall, Intego's antivirus for Mac is an excellent value for money software.