How To Fix Keyboard Input Not Working Windows 10?
Keyboard Not Working On Windows 10
When using a computer for too long, there is a chance for many issues like overheating to occur. Some users encounter the keyboard input not working Windows 10 problem. If you’re also facing the same problem, scroll down this page to know how to fix it.
Troubleshooting Methods To Fix “keyboard Input Not Working On Windows 10”
Before beginning the troubleshooting process, open the on-screen keyboard on your Windows 10 computer. To do so, from the Settings screen, select the Ease of Access option followed by Keyboard. Now, in the opened window, locate the Use the On-Screen Keyboard option and click the toggle button beside it.
Method 1: Using the keyboard shortcut
- One specific keyboard shortcut, “Windows + Space bar,” has resolved the keyboard not working issue for most users on their Windows 10 computers.
- Locate and hold down the Windows and Spacebar buttons at the same time.
- After holding down these two buttons for few seconds, release them, and check whether the keyboard input not working windows 10 problem is solved.
- If not, perform the next method given below.
Method 2: Disabling the Filter Keys feature
- Open the Run dialog box. Type Control and tap Enter.
- In the opened window, select the Category option from the View by drop-down menu.
- Now, locate and click on the Ease of Access option.
- Click on the command link named "Change how your keyboard works."
- Now, check if the Turn on Filter Keys option is selected. If yes, deselect it by unchecking the checkbox beside it.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Now, check if the Keyboard input is working on your Windows 10 computer. If not, try the next method.
Method 3: Deselecting “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”
- Open the Device Manager window on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click the down arrow icon beside the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option.
- Locate and double-click on the keyboard that you’re encountering the issue.
- Now, in the Properties dialog box, click on the Power Management tab.
- Check if the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option is selected. If yes, deselect it.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer.
Continue reading the below method to know how to fix keyboard input not working windows 10 issue.
Method 4: Use “Find and Fix keyboard problems”
- On the Settings screen, click on the Search bar.
- Type “Fix keyboard…’ and from the list of suggestions, select the Find and Fix keyboard problems option.
- Click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fix this issue.
Method 5: Turning off the Fast Startup feature
- On the Control Panel screen of your Windows 10 computer, locate and click on the Hardware and Sound option.
- Select Power Options and click on the Choose what the power buttons do command line followed by Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck the checkbox beside the option "Turn on fast start-up (recommended)" if it is selected.
- Now, restart the computer.
- Check whether the keyboard input not working Windows 10 computer is fixed. If not, contact us by clicking the Call or Call us button provided on this page.