A full scan is required for the antivirus software to protect your PC from viruses, malware, and other security threats. A default scan schedule is preset in the antivirus software so that even if you do not initiate a scan, it scans your system once a week and notifies on Mcafee Antivirus Issues if any.
- If you are on the Home page of the software, click on Real-Time Scanning.
- It opens the Scheduled Scan Setting page under which you should select Scheduled Scan Settings.
- Set the scan frequency from the drop-down present next to Use McAfee Scan Schedule.
- To conserve the resources of your computer, you can cut down the speed of scan under the Scan Using Minimal Resources.
- After changing the preferred settings, click Apply to save them.