The Norton error 3038, 104 is a run-time error that occurs when the installation is incomplete. Sometimes, this error occurs due to corrupted registry entries. To fix the issue, first, restart your computer and reinstall the Norton antivirus. If you cannot run the installer file, run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and reinstall the Norton antivirus. For detailed instructions, go through these steps.
Using The Norton Remove And Reinstall (nrnr) Tool:
- On your Windows computer, close all the running programs and download the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool from the official Norton site.
- After completing the download, press the Ctrl + J shortcut keys to open the Downloads folder in your browser.
- Locate and double-click the NRnR icon to launch the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Accept the End User License Agreement by clicking the Agree button.
- Next, click the Remove & Reinstall button.
- If prompted, confirm your action by clicking the Remove button again.
- Click Continue and select Restart Now.
- Once you have done restarting your computer, reinstall your Norton software and check if the Norton error 3038, 104 reappears.