Print Spooler Service Not Running Windows 10 - Solved
Print Spooler Service Keeps Stopping Windows 10
The Print Spooler Service helps you in managing the print jobs that you assign to your printer. You can connect the computer to the printer, but the Print Spooler Service manages the printing process. If the Print spooler service not running Windows 10 device, it will result in the inability to print. It usually occurs due to corrupted files or when the files related to the Print Spooler Service go missing. To fix this issue, follow the troubleshooting methods provided below.
Steps To Fix The Print Spooler Service Not Running In Windows 10
Restart the Print Spooler Service
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Windows Run dialog box.
- In the following window, locate the Print Spooler service from the list and select it.
- The Print Spooler Properties window pops up on your screen.
- Select the General section and navigate the cursor to the Startup type section.
- Make sure that the field next to the Startup type section is set to Automatic.
- If not, choose the Automatic option from the drop-down menu.
- Once selected, click Stop under Service Status.
- Wait until the restarting of the Print Spooler Service process gets completed.
- Now, select Log On in the Print Spooler Properties window.
- Ensure that you select the Local System account and the checkbox next to the Allow service to interact with the desktop option.
- Now, take a test print and check whether the Print Spooler Service not running Windows 10 device issue is fixed.
Run the printer troubleshooter
- Click Start and select the Settings option.
- Click on the Update & Security section.
- Choose the Troubleshoot option from the list on the left panel.
- Select the Printer option.
- Click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Wait until the troubleshooting process gets completed. This process will rectify and fix the problem.
- Once completed, close the troubleshooter and check whether the Print spooler service not running Windows 10 problem is fixed.
- If not, proceed to the following method.
Clear Printer Spooler files
- ometimes, cache files under Printer Spooler will result in the Print Spooler service not running on your Windows 10 device. So clear the cache files.
- Press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and press Enter.
- In the following window, check whether the folder is empty.
- If not, delete all the files.
- Now, restart your computer and ensure that the Printer Spooler service starts running on your Windows 10 device.
To get more assistance on resolving Print spooler service not running windows 10 issue, Contact us by clicking the call button and get fine solutions.