Symantec Endpoint protection serves as an excellent antivirus solution for larger organizations that need to manage a large number of computers, servers, and users. Apart from this, it is suitable for home purposes too, as it protects the devices from viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malware. The Symantec Endpoint protection is more effective when paired with a second anti-malware solution, such as Malwarebytes. The antivirus program includes solutions for Endpoint Security, Server Security, and Endpoint Management. Let’s see in detail about Symantec Endpoint protection setup.
Setting Up Symantec Endpoint Protection:
- Download the antivirus software from the official website.
- After downloading the software, choose where you wish to save the application by clicking the […] icon. Once you have selected an appropriate place, navigate where you have saved the installed file and extract the entire installation file.
- Run Setup.exe, so that the installation process gets initiated. If it doesn’t start, then open the installation package and double click Setup.exe.
- If you are not logged in as the administrator, you will be prompted to restart the program as an administrator.
- After Windows gets restarted, begin installing symantec endpoint protection. When the installation wizard opens up, click Next.
- Read the License Agreement thoroughly and accept the same.
- Select Unmanaged client and click Next.
- Select the setup type as Typical and click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and wait for the Symantec Endpoint protection client to get installed on your computer.
- The Live update status will run; click on the Restart Now button.
- When your computer reboots, Windows will finish configuring Symantec Endpoint software. You will be able to see the application icon in your Windows tray.
- Now, you have successfully completed the Symantec Endpoint protection setup.