How to Fix Trend Micro Error 1603?
The Trend Micro error 1603 may occur while performing the installation.
The guided simple instructions given below explains how to fix the Trend Micro error 1603 on your Windows system.
You can fix this issue in five steps.
- Identifying whether the system’s processor is infected.
- Linking the Trend Micro installer package path to the Environment Path Variable.
- Deleting or uninstalling Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) from your Windows system.
- Removing remnants of your previous Trend tool using Remnant File Remover Tool.
- Installing Trend Micro Security.
Identifying If The System’s Processor Is Infected
- Check if your system’s processor is infected.
- To do that, open the Run window on your Windows system using the Window + R buttons.
- Type the Control Panel keyword in the given text field and click the OK button.
- Now the Control Panel window will appear on the screen.
- Click System & Security followed by the System option.
- Locate the System section and read your processor type.
- Now, visit the Intel Website from your Windows system’s web browser.
- Search for your system’s processor type.
- If it is listed, uninstall and reinstall the Trend Micro antivirus application on your Windows system.
Linking The Trend Micro Error 1603 Installer Package Path To The Environment Path Variable
- If you are unable to find your system’s processor type, then link the path of Trend Micro installer to the Environment Path variable.
- To perform it, first, download the AddPathVariable application and install it on your system.
- Make sure to sign in to your system with administrator rights while installing AddPathVariable.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the linking process.
- Once the Trend Micro installer is added to the Path variable successfully, the SUCCESS: Specified value was saved... message will appear on the screen.
Deleting Or Uninstalling Potentially Unwanted Application (Pua) From Your Windows System
- To uninstall Potentially Unwanted Application on your Windows system, navigate to the Control Panel’s Programs & Features section.
- Choose the application that seems unwanted.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to uninstallation process.
Removing Remnants Of Your Previous Trend Tool Using Remnant File Remover Tool
- Download and install the Remnant File Remover tool on your Windows system.
- Locate the older or previous versions of the Trend Micro program and select it.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the Remnant File Remover tool screen to complete the removal process.
Installing The Trend Micro Security
- Now, try to install the Trend Micro Security application on your Windows system.
- If the installation is done successfully, then launch and configure it as per your need.
- If not, click the Call button available on this screen to get remote assistance in resolving this issue.