Simple Steps To Fix Utorrent Not Responding Windows 10
Utorrent Not Responding On Windows 10
If the uTorrent not responding Windows 10 computer error occurs, it may have happened due to the Windows Firewall, corrupted configuration, or virus infection. If a program fails to respond, it signifies that it has already opened, but fails to respond to the commands. In that case, close all the files, including the uTorrent processes, and then check whether the issue is fixed. If you cannot fix the uTorrent not responding on windows 10 problem yet, try out the troubleshooting methods mentioned below and fix the error in no time.
Run Utorrent As Administrator
- Right-click on uTorrent and choose the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and select the checkbox next to the Run this program as an administrator option. Then, click on the Apply button and then click OK.
Change The Permissions On Firewall
- When the internet traffic of uTorrent gets blocked by Windows Firewall, the uTorrent application may fail to respond.
- In Cortana’s search bar, type Windows Firewall and click on the Windows Firewall option from the search result.
- In the Windows Firewall window, click on the Allow an app or feature through the Windows Firewall option from the left panel. In the next window, select the checkboxes for the Public and Private options.
Delete The Utorrent Data
- When the user configuration gets corrupted, the uTorrent application will load data but fails to respond. In that case, you need to delete the data of the uTorrent application from the configuration folder.
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- In the dialog box, type %AppData%\utorrent and press Enter.
- Delete all the contents of the displayed folder and then restart your computer; launch the uTorrent application and then check whether the issue uTorrent not responding windows 10 is resolved.
Disable Proxy Server
- Proxy servers enable faster internet. Still, it may conflict with the network applications, including uTorrent. So, disable the proxy servers and then check if you can resolve the issue.
- On your computer, open the Run command box. In the dialog box, type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. On the Internet Properties screen, go to the Connections tab and click on the LAN settings button.
- Then, deselect the checkbox next to the Use a proxy server for your LAN option.
Scan Your Computer
- When your computer gets infected with a virus, uTorrent may fail to respond. In that case, scan your computer with Windows Defender or any other third-party antivirus software.
- After doing a complete scan of your computer, check whether uTorrent responds on your Windows 10 computer.
Update The Application
- Updating the application can help you fix most of the significant issues. Uninstall the software from your computer and power off your computer.
- when, download the updated software and install it by following the on-screen prompts. Now, check whether uTorrent is responding on your Windows 10 computer. If you cannot fix the uTorrent not responding windows 10 issue yet, you can reach out to us.
For any windows issues, CALL our tech experts and get instant solutions.