How To Fix Windows 10 Cast To Device Not Working Issue?
Cast To Device Not Working In Windows 10
Windows 10 is one of the safe and secure operating systems released by Microsoft. It has many features to make everything productive and creative. Among those features, Cast to Device allows you to stream videos from your PC to another device. If you are facing the windows 10 cast to device not working problem, follow these troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Use The Hardware And Devices Troubleshooter
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key and click the Settings icon to open the Settings app.
- Alternatively, press the Windows + I shortcut keys to open the Settings app.
- Click the Update & Security tab in the Settings window.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left-side panel.
- Under Troubleshoot, select Hardware and Devices and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
Now, the troubleshooter will detect errors on your device and fix windows 10 cast to device not working issue automatically.
Solution 2: Check The Network Sharing Feature
- On your Windows 10 computer, type ‘network’ in the search field on the taskbar.
- Click on Network status from the search result.
- In the Settings window that appears, click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Change advanced sharing settings link at the left-side panel.
- Under Network discovery, check if the Turn on network discovery option is selected.
- If this option is not selected, the Cast to Device feature may not work properly on your Windows 10 computer.
- Also, check if the Turn on file and printer sharing option is selected. If not, select the option and click the Save changes button.
Continue reading the below steps to know more on resolving windows 10 cast to device not working issue.
Solution 3: Check If Windows Defender Is Blocking The Cast To Device Feature
- Click the Cortana search box next to the Windows logo.
- Type ‘Windows firewall’ in the search field and hit the Enter key to open the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Navigate to the left-side panel and click the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall link.
- Click the Change settings button and select the checkboxes in the Cast to Device functionality row.
- Click OK and cast your computer screen to another device.
If still the windows 10 Cast to Device not working, update the network card driver. For assistance in resolving the windows issues, contact us by clicking the Call button on this page.