How To Fix Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working?
Screensaver Not Working In Windows 10
Is the screensaver not working on your Windows 10 device? Look out for the troubleshooting methods to fix it without any trouble. It generally occurs due to not enabling the screensaver feature or configuring it in the wrong way. Often people use screensavers to protect their screen when they walk away or use it for visual presence. Let us see the steps to fix the Windows 10 screensaver not working issue.
Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Check The Power Settings
- Make sure that you check the power settings on your Windows 10 device. Changes in power settings will affect your screensaver.
- Click Start.
- Choose the Control Panel option from the list.
- On the Control Panel screen, choose the Power Options section.
- On the following screen, check whether the power saver option is selected.
- Click Change settings next to the power saver option.
- Change settings for the plan window that pops up on the screen.
- Select the Restore default settings for the plan option.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Now check whether the Windows 10 screensaver not working problem gets fixed.
Troubleshoot Power Settings
- If the above method does not fix the problem, make sure that you move on to troubleshooting the power settings.
- Click Start.
- Select the Settings option.
- Choose the Update & Security section.
- In the following window, make sure that you choose the Troubleshoot option on the left panel of the screen.
- Under Troubleshoot, locate the Power section and click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Once the device detects the issues, click Close the troubleshooter.
- Click Close and make sure that the windows 10 screensaver not working issue gets fixed.
Fix using the Command Prompt
- Run the Command Prompt window on your device and perform the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in cmd and press Enter.
- The Command Prompt window pops up on the screen.
- Type in sfc/ scannow and press Enter.
- Wait until the command rectifies and fixes the problem.
- Once completed, close the window.
- Click Start and choose the Restart option.
- Wait until the device gets resumed.
- Now click Start and type in Screen saver on the search bar.
- Choose the Turn screensaver on or off option.
- The screen saver settings window pops up on the desktop.
- Choose the type of screen saver under Screen Saver from the drop-down menu and press Apply.
- Now check whether you have resolved the Windows 10 screensaver not working issue.
Update The Device Driver
- If any of the above methods does not fix the issue, update the device driver to fix the problem.
- Click Start and type in Device Manager.
- Press Enter.
- On the Device Manager page, choose a device that needs an update and right-click on it.
- Select Update Driver.
- Wait until the update process gets completed.
- Now check whether your screensaver problem gets fixed on your Windows 10 device.
To get more assistance on resolving windows 10 screensaver not working issue, CALL our tech experts and get instant solution.