Quick Solution To Fix Windows 10 Shutdown Not Working
Windows 10 Won't Shutdown
In this web page we will explain how to fix Windows 10 shutdown not working issue. Having a Windows 10 computer that won’t shut down will only compromise the components of the system and will literally drain the processor.Windows 10 might be having all the advancements an operating system needs. But it’s not without certain flaws. Speaking of some issues Windows 10 encounters, the shut down option has become a major concern for certain users.
Reasons For Windows 10 Shut Down Not Working Issue:
There are different methods to shut down your Windows 10 computer. But let this not be a permanent solution.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- Wait for the system screen to go blank.
- Hold the Power button (keep it on hold for at least 10 seconds, this is to perform a soft reset).
- Press the Power button again.
- Your Windows 10 computer will turn on again.
Without much further ado, here are the methods that can help you resolve the Windows 10 shut down issue.
Method 1: Restart
A traditional restart can be a simple fix to the issue. If you find the Shut down option not working, you can restart your computer.
- Ensure that you have the Windows 10 desktop open.
- Click the Windows icon.
- Click Power.
- Select the Restart button.
- Wait for the Windows 10 computer to close all running programs.
- Once the computer boots, try to shut down normally to see if it works.
Continue reading the given below methods to fix Windows 10 shutdown not working problm.
Method 2: Turn Off Fast Startup
Fast startup is a new advanced feature in Windows 10 that can speed up the process. However, there are times when it can interfere with the shut down process. In order to disable fast startup, follow these steps.
- Open the Run Command (Windows + R).
- Type powercfg.cpl.
- Press Enter.
- The Power Options window will open.
- Click the Choose what that power buttons do option located on the left.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Deselect the checkbox for the Turn on fast startup (Recommended) option, if it is selected.
- Click Save Changes.
- Close all the programs running on your Windows 10 computer.
- Perform a normal shut down and you will find it working fine.
Method 3: Update Windows Operating System
- Open Settings (Windows + I).
- Select the Update & Security option.
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Once the update is done, you can go ahead and reboot the computer.
With simple methods, you can easily resolve the Windows 10 shutdown not working issue in a matter of minutes. You can implement one or more methods based on which suits your feasibility.