Windows Defender Errors
Windows Defender might sometimes face issues, and it might stop working properly. To bring it to the normal state, you have to perform a set of troubleshooting Windows Defender Error Code procedures. Once you rectify the error, Windows Defender will start working properly. A few errors and their solutions are stated below.
Windows Defender Encountered An Error 0x800705b4
- Windows Defender will not work if the Microsoft Security Essentials is turned on. So, turn it off to rectify the issue.
- To do so, open the Microsoft Security Essentials on your system.
- From Settings, select the Real-Time Protection option.
- Untick the checkbox near the Turn on Real-Time Protection option available on the right pane.
- Click Save Changes and check if the error has been resolved.
- Update the system to the latest version to avoid this error.
- Go to Start and select the Control Panel option. Choose the System and Security option followed by the Windows Update option.
- Now, tap the Check for Updates option and wait till the update process is complete.
- If you have installed any other security or antivirus program, then disable it or uninstall it to clear this Windows Defender Error Code.
- Check if the firewall is turned on. In case there is an antivirus program and firewall installed on your system, then you have to turn on the firewall to Fix Windows Defender Error.
- Select the System & Security option from the control panel. Choose the Windows Firewall option.
- Tap the Windows Firewall ON button to enable the firewall on your system.